On Sunday, we discovered the way to avoid selling our inheritance for a bowl of soup is to “be thankful” (Hebrews 12:28).
I gave you several questions to help guide us towards thanksgiving. We went through them fairly quickly so I am posting them on the blog so you can take time to reflect again. Unfortunately, I don’t think I did the list exactly the same in every service so it may look slightly different from your notes.
Questions to help us appreciate God:
- How did God come find you? How did he pursue and rescue you?
- Where would you be if God hadn’t rescued you? What would your life look like without the Spirit?
- What are the things since you became a Christian that God has forgiven you for?
- What are the current blessings in your life?
- Who are other people in your life that you have seen God rescue and transform?
- How has God been with you, especially in suffering?
- How has God healed you – physically, spiritually and/or emotionally?
- How have your experienced the discipline of God?
- What are the ways that God has blessed you through your involvement at Calvary or other churches?
- What are specific prayers that God has answered?
- What are the things you are most looking forward to in God’s kingdom?
Thankfulness and gratitude help us keep our eyes on Jesus, which is the theme of the song A Mighty Fortress, that we sang at the beginning of the service. Here it is again to encourage you on your journey of gratitude this week.